Over eleven years of proven experience in graphic design, leadership, and user experience design: Strong, focused leader who builds and brings cross-disciplinary teams together. Successfully leads projects from start to end. Creative graphic designer with a focus on UX (user experience design). Seeks to understand other departments to be able to see bigger picture and ask meaningful questions to solve real problems.
Photoshop (16+ years), Illustrator (14+ years), Indesign (14+ years), Web Design (16+ years), Branding (11+ years), User Experience Design (11+ years), Google Analytics (11+ years), Google AdWords (2+ years), Word (16+ years), Powerpoint (16+ years), Excel (16+ years), Corel Painter (8+ years), Maya (2+ years), Final Cut Pro X (11+ years), Copywriting (10+ years), working with Engineers (11+ years).
Graphic Artist 3: Insitu, A Boeing Company, Bingen, WA | June 2018–Present
- Create graphics including infographics, photography, technical drawings, charts, logos, videos, stickers, etc.
- Create graphics for high value proposals and presentations
- Design booklet and graphics for company wide training
- Design monthly newsletter
- Create templates for learning modules based on UI / UX
- SharePoint site implementation and UI / UX design
- Work with cross disciplinary teams of instructional designers, engineers, marketing, tech publications, product designers
Art Director and Owner: Charlotte Chapman: Branding, Graphic & Human Centered Designer | January 2008–Present
- Create design solutions for variety of clients, including identity packages, signage, posters, icons, manuals, newsletters, social media and booklets; web design and development for clients using HTML, CSS
- Digital illustration for clients of characters; animation and interactive media using Flash and 3D modeling
- Project manager of team developing websites
- Web marketing experience including SEO
Senior Graphic Designer: Sierra Instruments, Monterey, CA | February 2014–May 2018
- Create human centered design, graphic design, and branding design solutions to generate leads, scale in exponential growth / optimize Sierra’s business goals. Conduct research from Google Analytics / AdWords to develop narratives based on solutions to customer pain points using eblasts, web pages, online ads, infographics, posters, brochures, evergreen content, and online promotions to build and maintain customer relationships with the brand
- Project manager and design leader of multidisciplinary team of engineers, sales, and marketing for Sierra’s new website. Conducted research from customer interviews and analytics, with multiple rounds of UX testing, involving key stakeholders, and orchestrating collaboration among the team. Created visual design language for new site. New website has proven exponential growth of 20% increase in Request for Quote submissions since site launch in October of 2015 from new and existing customers.
- Lead remarketing and online advertising using platforms such as Google Adwords for verticals, horizontals and evergreen content with goal of increased conversions, decreased bounce rate, and increased time on website.
- Create / collaborate on content for social media campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube and blogs
- Create promotional videos using animation, music, and photography
Graphic Designer: Excelligence Learning Corporation, Monterey, CA | May 2012–February 2014
- Design catalogs, marketing collateral, product guides, and packaging to generate sales revenue.
- Communicate with buyers, marketing, and editors to get project specs, identify customer pain points
- Works collaboratively on concept work for covers and new artwork
Graphic Web Designer: San Jose State University, San Jose, CA | August 2011–April 2012
- Develop user-friendly interfaces for website / web applications; develop new templates / update template kit
- Guest panelist at the OmniUpdate 2012 User Conference on Training, Go-Live, and Support
- Research new web technologies / vendor solutions while evaluating and enhancing efficiency of existing solutions to support emerging technology and growing user needs. Prepare product evaluations, summaries and recommendations to improve the quality of web based designs
- Create design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content
- Update and monitor web pages (ex: repair broken links, check data accuracy, and monitor compliance)
- Provide consultation, support and training for content editors to improve / enhance website’s performance (such as creating graphics, content, page layout, navigation, information architecture, smartphone friendly layouts and SEO)
- Implement / evaluate websites for accessibility using Section 508 guidelines and document online resources, frequently asked questions and training outcomes
UI Designer: Workin.com, Santa Cruz, CA | October 2010–July 2011
- Create web design and UI design solutions for various web products and services
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Department and IT Department on projects including branding, logos, postcards, websites, eblasts, and banners
Store Operations Specialist I: West Marine, Watsonville, CA | July 2009–March 2010
- Web design, development and content management of the Stores section of HomePort (IBM’s WebSphere CMS). Evaluated and made all web pages cross browser compatible. Restyled the site using CSS.
- Project manager, designer, and editor of the West Marine News, a bi-weekly published newspaper for associates. Work with external printer to get West Marine News printed
- Designed the West Marine University 2010 website and logo. Managed external company to get website developed.
- Created training videos: filmed video footage, edited video in Final Cut Pro, and produced DVDs
- Answer customer service calls and support West Marine store associates
Graphic Designer: California State University Monterey Bay, Seaside, CA | February 2007–May 2009
- Managed design projects including creating posters, fliers, brochures, icons, logos, mailers, and exhibition graphics.
- Work with external vendors to get exhibition graphics printed
- Digital Photography; record video, edit video footage, and create video ads
- Work collaboratively with faculty on various projects including participating on hiring committees for new professors
- Answer office telephone and assist patrons
- Participate in monthly department meetings with faculty and staff
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Communication Design: California State University Monterey Bay, Seaside, CA | May 2009 Cum Laude with Distinction
Coursework included web design, user experience, game design, 3D modeling and animation, ethics, emerging technologies, programming, and project management with a focus on teamwork
Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences with Honorable Mention: Cabrillo College, Aptos, CA | May 2006
Coursework included design, computer interfaces, philosophy, psychology, biology, chemistry, calculus, art history
- Completed the OmniUpdate 2012 User Conference Intermediate and Advanced Training Workshops; March 2012
- Granted various awards including associate of the Month for improving the design and content of West Marine News, September 2009; Best Communication Design Capstone, 2009; placed in Student Digital Art and Design Contest, 2008; first place in ITCD Game Design Contest, December 2007
- Dean’s List at CSU Monterey Bay, Fall 2006–May 2009
Extensive volunteer work including Volunteer Guide at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, October 2014—January 2017; Organized holiday food drive collecting four barrels of food; November 2016—December 2016, November 2015—December 2015. Organized beach clean up for Sierra employees; April 2016, April 2015. Mentor on the Santa Cruz / Monterey cycle team for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team In Training; October 2010–June 2011. Trained and participated in a 100-mile cycle endurance event as a member of TNT. Fundraised $2,880. January 2010–June 2010 Helped students at Chartwell School with disabilities learn design programs; January 2008–July 2008